Sunday, April 18, 2010

Utthita Trikonasana- Extended Traingle Pose



Utthita: Extended
Trikonasana: Three angle or Triangle

Spread your legs 3 1/2' - 4' while exhaling. Raise your arms parallel to the floor. Turn your left foot in slightly and right foot out 90°. Placing you're left arm on you waist, exhale while moving your torso over your right leg. Keep the heart's center open and place your right hand on your shin/ankle/or floor. If you are steady, stretch your left arm towards the ceiling and look up at your hand. Press the chest up ward, opening the heart's center even more. Inhale to come up. Switch the feet to repeat.

Benefits/Effects: Stimulates abdominal organs, relieves stress, improves digestion, helps relieve symptoms of menopause, relieves backache (especially during second trimester of pregnancy), helps with anxiety.

I find this asana is very relaxing. I enjoy it because I also get a nice stretch

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XjL7-JnUE
extended triangle pose
-http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/494

No comments:

Post a Comment